Kung Pao "Firecracker" Chicken September 11 2019
KUNG PAO CHICKEN RECIPE:
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in large dice
- 3T canola oil
- 1 cup sweet green & red peppers (white pith removed), cut into ½” squares
- 1 cup pasilla chili, cut into ½” squares
- 1T minced garlic
- 2 scallions (white tops only), cut into ½” pieces
- 2T China Live Chili Bean Sauce
- 1T China Live Soy Sauce
- 1T China Live Chili Oil
- Roasted peanuts, skin on, for garnish (optional)
- Heat wok to higher heat, add oil. Lower heat, add chicken and cook until opaque. Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Raise heat back to high, add a tablespoon of oil, scallions, peppers and garlic and cook until onions char and peppers release flavor.
- Add the chicken back to the wok. Add soy sauce and chili bean sauce and wok toss to create wok hay (“fire into wok”), and sauce is tightened.
- Top with roasted peanuts, if desired, and splash with sesame oil.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately with rice.